Project largely complete
Although most project work is now completed on I-35E and Co Rd 96, including the opening of the MnPASS Lanes and Co Rd 96 bridge, some work remains.
- The Hwy 96 bridge spanning I-35E closure has been rescheduled from Fri, June 23. New date TBD.
May 16 through late-August
- WB Hwy 96 between Centerville Rd and White Bear Pkwy will be reduced to a single lane
Crews will continue to work, away from traffic, on the noise walls and on the overhead MnPASS signs and toll readers.
Intermittent lane closures may be required on I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd J through mid-December and again in Spring 2017.
About this project
Summary of work
- Resurfaced existing pavement and ramps
- Replaced I-35E bridges over Goose Lake Rd
- Redecked Hwy 96 bridge over I-35E
- Widened bridges for MnPASS bridges and roads
- Updated drainage and other infrastructure
- Repaired and replaced existing guardrail
- Constructed a pedestrian trail on Hwy 96 from Centerville Rd to White Bear Lake Pkwy
- Added MnPASS lane on southbound I-35E between Hwy 96 and Co Rd E
- Added MnPASS lane on northbound I-35E south of Co Rd E and north of Co Rd J